Cassandra Yap from Johor, a state in southern Malaysia, has become Miss International Malaysia 2023. She will represent Malaysia at the Miss International competition in Tokyo, the capital of Japan.
Who is Cassandra Yap? What did she say after winning the competition? How much did she receive after winning Miss International Malaysia 2023 competition?
Some facts about Cassandra Yap
- Cassandra Yap hails from Johor. She was born and brought up in Johor. It is not known yet from where she completed her schooling.
- Cassandra Yap is 24 years old.
- Cassandra Yap is also a model and fashion designer.
- She has 176K followers on Instagram.
- Last year, she represented Malaysia at the 32nd Miss Model of the World pageant.
- Cassandra Yap is 171 cm tall.
- In 2019, she won a fashion design competition, which inspired her to become a fashion designer.
- The diva is a die-hard fan of Marvel movies.
- She has never been in a relationship.
Cassandra Yap wins Miss International Malaysia (MIM) 2023
Cassandra Yap has won Miss International Malaysia (MIM) 2023. On 1 October, she fought against 16 other finalists to win the Miss International Malaysia (MIM) competition.
She received a massive prize of RM10,000 cash and an education scholarship worth RM52,975. During the Miss International Malaysia (MIM) 2023 competition, a 28-year-old Kimberly Vung became the first runner up, while a 28 year old Christina Lee came in the third position.
A 26-year-old Ashlyn Ooi from Kuala Lumpur was selected as the Miss International Malaysia 2024 winner.
After winning the Miss International Malaysia 2023 competition, she said, “I am a freelancer, I do modeling, content creation and pageantry so it is a bit hard to schedule my time. But I am glad that all the efforts paid off.”
Sabah deputy chief minister Datuk Seri Dr Jeffrey Kitingan lauded the Miss International Malaysia 2023 event. MIM 2023 chairman Jenny Ngu also lauded Cassandra Yap.
The Miss International 2023 event will be held in Tokyo, Japan. The finale is less than two weeks away from now.