PUTRAJAYA – The first Malaysian national to test positive for the Covid-19 coronavirus has recovered from the disease and has been discharged from the hospital.
The 41-year-old man from Selangor who tested positive for the virus have been treated at the Sungai Buloh Hospital, Malaysian Health Minister Dzulkefly Ahmad said in a statement.
Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said that so so farno new cases had been identified in the country and currently 9 of the Covid-19 patients have recovered and were discharged.
“These patients underwent repeated Covid-19 tests, and found to be negative on the repeated tests, ” The health minister said in a statement here.
The Selangor man, although had no travel history to China, went to Singapore and attended a business conference from Jan 16 to Jan 23. His 40-year-old sister and 65-year-old mother-in-law are still currently being treated and in stable condition. The Health Ministry is working closely with the World Health Organization in the fight against COVID-19 outbreak in implementing close contact tracing activities.