The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) of the United Arab Emirates on Saturday confirmed two new cases of the country’s novel coronavirus (nCoV) infections-a Filipino and a Chinese resident.
Advertising According to the Emirates News Agency Article, the MoHAP announced that the total number of nCoV cases in the country had been increased to seven.
These were classified for those with symptoms of the new coronavirus by continuous periodic screening performed in compliance with World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
The Filipino and Chinese nationals were under observation and were provided with the necessary medical care “in compliance with the country’s highest health standards,” MoHAP said, stressing the online reporting system’s effectiveness.
The ministry also stressed that they were coordinating with all departments and relevant authorities in their country, and were taking “all precautionary and preventive measures and ensuring the safety and security of UAE citizens and residents.”
The Department of Foreign Affairs, for its part, said it would fully coordinate with health authorities in the UAE.
The department also instructed the public not to post or distribute unverified information in social media and digital messaging, but to obtain information directly from UAE health authorities.
Last January, a family from China’s central city of Wuhan but living in the UAE had been infected with the latest coronavirus-the first confirmed Middle East outbreak.
Meanwhile on Wednesday the Philippines Department of Health (DOH) confirmed the country’s third case of novel coronavirus (nCoV) infection.