18 Chinese from ECRL quarantined at Kelantan

2 min read
0
0
208

KOTA BARU – Kelantan health department director Datuk Dr Zaini Hussin said that a total of 18 Chinese nationals working in  East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) and some also from development site and gold mining project were quarantined at their respective place of residency after coming home to Malaysia separately, with the final returnee arriving on Feb 28. 

This is part of he country’s precautionary measure against the Covid-19 outbreak. 

Dr Zaini confirmed that 13 of them had already completed their 14-day quarantine and also later found to be negative for Covid-19. The 5 others are still under observation. 

He also said that the state health department is aware on the presence of many Chinese citizens currently working in Kelatan.

Some workers returned to their country to observe the Lunar New Year festivities and most had already came back after the celebration. 

“They showed no signs of the virus and were cooperating when the state ordered the quarantine.”

“The state department does not only focus on foreigners but also to the immediate family members they are in close contact with. If it was found they brought them from China to Malaysia, the family members should also undergo the same quarantine,” he added.

Dr Zaini cleared that the 18 foreigners were not among the recently reported 26 patients under investigation (PUIs) who were also placed under quarantine and tested negative.

Load More By Desk Writer
Load More In Malaysia
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Check Also

Activists Received Charges from Royal Defamation

It’s 2021 but here’s a plot twist that happened as Thai authorities charged four democracy…