Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s former research assistant has filed a lawsuit against him over alleged sexual assault that happened three years ago.
The 28-year-old Muhammed Yusoff Rawther has filed the suit at the High Court through Messrs. Abd Halim Ushah & Associates.
In the statement of claim, Yusoff detailed that the PKR president has sexually assaulted him at the defendant’s residence in Segambut on October 2, 2018 after he was requested by private secretary Shukri Saad to hand over Anwar’s speech which he is going to deliver in Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th anniversary celebration that has been organized by the Indian embassy.
He claimed that the 73-year old PKR president had sexually assaulted and molested him without his consent and even with him trying to stop him from doing so.
According to Yusoff, he did not have any contact with Anwar for one month after the incident, despite working together with him before he has been transferred to the Aman Foundation prior to his resignation on June 24, 2019.
He then submitted a police report on December 7, 2019 and also went through a ‘lie detector test/polygraph test’ at the Royal Malaysia Police Headquarters in Bukit Aman on December 17 and also claimed that Anwar rejected to undergo to the same test.
Yusoff said that the Attorney-General’s Chambers stated that the evidence was not enough to charge Anwar.
He asserted that due to this incident, his mental health has been heavily affected as he had been accused of bringing down Anwar’s reputation to damage his political career.
He is seeking special, general, aggravated and exemplary damages, as well as interest, costs and other relief deem fit by the court.
Whereas, Mahajoth Singh, Yusoff’s lawyer has affirmed that the suit has been filed and said that they had yet to serve the writ of the summons to Anwar.
The lawyer added that they are still awaiting to extract the sealed writ to serve on Anwar and that there has been no fixed date yet that has been set by the court as of the moment.