COVID-19 death toll rises to 8 with DOH reporting 2 more deaths

2 min read
0
0
234

On Saturday the Department of Health (DOH) announced two more deaths from the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19), raising the death count to eight.

The DOH said in its statement the two additional COVID-19 deaths were on top of the one that was confirmed earlier in the day.

As of this writing, no other specifics are yet available on the two new mortalities as the DOH tries to collect more information about them.

The development came just hours after the DOH reported earlier that a COVID-19 patient died Friday in Misamis Oriental, Cagayan de Oro City.

As of this writing, no other specifics are yet available on the two new mortalities as the DOH tries to collect more information about them.

The development came just hours after the DOH reported earlier that a COVID-19 patient died Friday in Misamis Oriental, Cagayan de Oro City.

The confirmed case of COVID-19, named Patient 40 (PH40), died at 9 p.m. Though confined to Medical Center Northern Mindanao (NMMC).

The DOH said the cause of death for the patient is “acute respiratory distress syndrome due to severe pneumonia with concomitant acute kidney injury.” As of Friday, the DOH said that the number of COVID-19 cases has reached 64.

Five more COVID-19 cases in the country resulted in death. Those involve a Chinese national — the disease’s first fatality outside of China — and four Filipinos.

Load More By Desk Writer
Load More In Philippines
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Check Also

PDP-Laban Stands for Their 2022 Presidential Poll and It is Manny Pacquaio

Unexpectedly, The group of the Partido Demokratiko Pilipino–Lakas ng Bayan drove by Sen. M…